Zuckerguss Zine – Free Vegan Holiday Baking Ebook

Zuckerguss Zine Free Baking Ebook |Contains 15 Vegan Baking recipes for the Holiday season and Christmas | seitanismymotor.com

For us Christmas season starts two or three days before Christmas. Before that we don’t bother with Christmas at all. We know we’re going to be welcomed in perfectly decorated houses and we just have to fall into line with our families’ schedules. We know what’s going to happen and when. There’s not much to be done for us. Except for baking. My family doesn’t bake much and even though my father makes vegan meals during the holidays he leaves the vegan baking to me. Our other relatives also don’t do much vegan baking. So every year before we travel all over Germany I spend the last few days in the kitchen. It’s messy and chaotic and I usually do five things at a time. But in the end I can leave with a suitcase full of homemade treats to share with family and friends.

I am thankful for the fact that the people I care about love my food. I know vegans who have a hard time during the holidays and it’s sad to hear that someone refuses your cookie just because you didn’t use butter. I have made those experiences too, but most of the time people go out of their way to whip up a vegan treat for me. And if they can’t they ask about recipes and baking tips. It’s a great way to break the ice and start a conversation about veganism. I try to do the best I can when baking and I try to give out samples to as many people as possible. I know it’s only a little start but I think it’s great when I can convince someone that baking without eggs and butter is not rocket science and that vegan cookies taste as good as every other cookie.

This year I thought I’d hand out some recipes with my treats. Of course everything got a little out of hand and as a result I am exited to share my first ebook with you. Zuckerguss means sugar glaze. It’s what makes every cookie even sweeter and more beautiful. For me, it’s the best part about Christmas baking. It makes me happy like maintaining this blog makes me happy. So this book is not only for people who ask me about recipes, it’s also a big “Thank you!” for everyone who reads my blog, takes the time to comment on my entries, and tries out my recipes. I really do appreciate the time you spend here and it always makes me happy to hear back from people from all over Europe, Northern and even South America. The ebook contains 15 baking recipes plus 4 basic recipes for spice blends, a chocolate hazelnut spread, and my favourite spice cookie recipe (spekulatius). I know it’s probably not necessary if you’re a regular reader of this blog but I’m still gonna warn you: Almost all of the recipes do contain white wheat flour, white sugar and soy. Many of the recipes also call for nuts. I mostly use refined coconut oil for baking which is a very cheap staple here and (with some adjustments) a great alternative to margarine made with palm oil.

Like everything on this website this ebook is free. I would be very happy if you would spread the word and please feel free to share the link to the Zuckerguss Zine with your family and friends and on social media or your blog. Developing the recipes, taking the pictures, and assembling the contents was great fun but also much work and it took a lot of time. Please do not republish the contents of this ebook without my permission. If you have any questions, suggestions, or problems, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me through email or on facebook. Let me know what you think, I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you’ve made!

Download

Zuckerguss Zine Free Baking Ebook | seitanismymotor.com

Contents:

1. Spekulatius Nutella Bars | Almond Lebkuchen Pull-apart Bread | Peanut Crescents

2. Stollen Waffles | Cashew Fudge | Almond Cinnamon Cookies

3. Spekulatius Tiramisú | Lebkuchen (Pepperkaker) | Elisenlebkuchen

4. Marzipan Jam Cookies | Blackforest Cheesecake | Coconut Spice Mini Cakes

5. Chocolate Almond Pillows | Almond Pistachio Cookies | Mini Apple Cranberry Pies with Walnuts

{plus: spekulatius spice blend | lebkuchen spice blend | spekulatius recipe | holiday chocolate hazelnut spread}

• zsuzsi
    10 months ago

Hi Constanze,

My father was from Dresden and I inherited his love for Stollen! My husband surprised me on Christmas Day by making me your Stollen Waffles for breakfast. They were fantastic!

The only mods he did was reduce the sugar to 2 tsp and replace some of the raisins with candied peel (I know you said you hated the stuff!)

Thanks so much for coming up with the recipe idea.

• 10 months ago

That is so nice to hear. Thank you for your comment, Zsuzsi!

• Sarah

Hi Constanze,

brill it worked this time. I’m sorry for the typo, guess in the hectic I totally got it wrong :(

Thanks a lot,
    Sarah

PS: Now I’m embarrassed…anyway have a happy holiday

• Sarah

Hi Christiane,

I would like to download the German version for my mother-in-law but even if I choose the website in German language and try to download the document (“herunterladen”) it won’t let me and views the PDF in English. Its quite strange. Could you please help me or perhaps send me the German version via email? Much obliged.

Thanks loads and appreciated,

Sarah

Such a great collection :) downloaded, pinned and tweeted!
    You got a new follower ;)

Thanks, Chiara!

• […] Zuckerguss Zine – Free Vegan Holiday Baking Ebook […]

• lots of yummy photos!

Thanks!

• […] Zuckerguss* Zine – Free Vegan Holiday Baking E-book […]

Liebe Mihl,
    ich habe soeben die Erdnuss-Kipferl gemacht und was soll ich sagen?! Sie sind köstlich :-)
    Die Verarbeitung fand ich etwas tricky, aber letztendlich hat es gut geklappt – nur das Formen fand ich wie immer total nervig, weil langwierig (zum Glück für alle Kipferl der Welt vergesse ich das aber immer wieder bis ins nächste Jahr und mache mich jedes Jahr wieder dran, da ich Kipferl liebe!). Aber es hat sich definitiv gelohnt.
    Absolut zart und mürbe und geschmacklich der Knaller (mein Mann findet sie nur “krass” :-D ), die Kombi aus Erdnuss und Salz passt hier einfach perfekt und gibt dem Ganzen einen leicht karamelligen Touch. Sehr fein.
    Der Teig ist auch super schnell zusammengerührt – den mache ich bestimmt in der nächsten Zeit nochmal und probiere dann die Faulpelz-Variante und backe einfach die Scheiben :-)
    Also, ein tolles Rezept! Danke.

Ja, das stimmt. Die sind nicht unbedingt was für Anfänger_innen, aber ich finde es lohnt sich. Toll, dass sie Dir gefallen haben. Das freut mich sehr!

• […] This beautiful and FREE holiday baking e-book from the incredibly talented Mihl/Seitan is my Motor blog. It has 15 great recipes for holidays favourites to make and share. Get it over at her blog. […]

Thanks so much, Mihl! This is beautiful. I look forward to baking and sharing these sweet things. I’ll let you know how they turn out!

Thanks, Cat!

• Marika

This is awesome! Absolutely gorgeous and everything looks delicious. Thank you so much for this generous gift!

You’re welcome, Marika!

• […] Zuckerguss Zine: 15 Free baking recipes for your Vegan Holidays is available for download at her site now! If you’ve been following her site for any time you know that Mihl is a baker extraordinaire. […]

• Michelle

I am SO EXCITED about this Mihl! Now to narrow down what to make first…

Thanks, Michelle!

• Kerstin Decker

Mihl, Danke fur die Recepte. ich werde sie sofort ausprobieren. Hier in Florida muss ich alles was deutsche Weihnachten ist ist, muss ich alleine machen, so danke schon. Ich freue mich schon bevor die Platzchen gebacken sind. Die Bilder sehen so schon aus. So geht es jetzt in die Kuche. Kerstin

Danke, Kerstin! Viel Spaß beim Backen!

• Linda

THESE are what I most miss as a vegan. Thank you, thank you, thank you! My mother and her two sisters all married American men, as a result we all settled very near each other in the US. Christmas-time has always been the part of the year in which we become most closely connected to our German traditions – the baking is the biggest part of it. I keep telling myself I am going to veganize them, but to be honest, I’m not so talented. My daughter sent me the link to this page, and when I saw it I nearly cried. This Christmas we will be feasting on Lebkuchen!

That sounds exiting, Linda! I really hope you like the recipe.

• Linda

This looks gorgeous, Mihl! Congrats on your first ebook :)

Thanks, Hannah!

Himmel, Mihl!! :-o
    Wahnsinn – das sieht super schön aus und die Rezepte klingen toll! Ich hab´s mir gleich mal runtergeladen und am Wochenende werden ich dann wohl mal die Erdnuss-Kipferl machen müssen (nützt ja nix ;-) ), denn die klingen großartig.
    Der Rest auch – da wird bestimmt das eine oder andere Einzug finden in meine diesjährige Weihnachtsbäckerei.
    Und bei Deinen Rezepten weiß ich immer sehr genau, dass sie mir schmecken werden, das ist super :-)
    Vielen Dank für Deine Mühe und die liebevolle Gestaltung. Ich würde auch definitiv was dafür zahlen, denn das ist es wert. Also, falls Du mal eine kostenpflichtige Version anbietest – ich kaufe sie.
    Viele liebe Grüße*

Danke, Heldin. Ich denke tatsächlich gerade über eine gedruckte Version nach. Nichts Aufwändiges. Kleines Ringbuch, oder so.

Jaaaaaaa, bitte unbedingt :-D

• markey

thank you for this nice book of recipes — Merry Christmas!

Thank you, Markey. Merry Christmas for you, too!

• Heike

Toll! Ich warte bis nächste Woche und lade mir dann die deutsche Version runter!
    Freu mich!
    LG Heike

Super!

Mihl! I just looked through the zine and it’s so beautiful! You have really outdone yourself this time. I can’t wait to bake my way through these recipes this winter!

• Vielen dank!
    What a beautiful book, and an even more beautiful gesture. You rock, Mihl!

Thank you, Nicole!

The book is beautiful and all the recipes look so good! When I read you were doing a zine I immediately put it on my Christmas list, so I’m extra excited that it’s an ebook and I can download it right away. :) I want to try one of your spekulatius recipes ASAP and see how it compares to the Dutch version.

Wow.. this is beautiful! All the recipes look incredible. Thank you for sharing this! Hope you don’t mind if I post your link on Vegan Foody.

Thank you, Tina. No, absolutely not. Please go ahead and thank you so much for sharing:)

Wow, your book is amazing, so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us!!

Everything looks great, and I can’t wait to try it out, but I’m most excited about the Stollen Waffles. Stollen is my favorite part of Christmas. My Oma made stollens for everyone in the family at Christmas time, and even after I moved to the US – from Canada – she continued to send me one. She passed away last year, and so i’ve started making them myself now.

Anyway, the waffles look fantastic, when I make them i’ll let you know how I liked them =)

I am very sorry about your Oma:( Mine also made Stollen every year. Sadly she can’t do it anymore. I need to ask her for her recipe.

This is wonderful! Thank you so much for making such a beautiful book and giving it to the world <3

Thank you!

• Katrin

Hurrah! Glückwunsch und tausend Dank, das kommt genau richtig!

Danke, Katrin!